Your favorite beef roast cut (or which ever is on sale ;0)
Salt and pepper
2 cups water
2 beef bullion cubes
1 tsp kitchen bouquet
2 Tbsp cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees
- Peel and cut carrots potatoes and onions
- Put some oil into Dutch oven or skillet and turn heat to medium high
- Put salt and pepper on the roast and rub into the meat
- Sear both sides of the roast for a couple of min.
- Add your vegetables and bullion cubes
- Pour in 2 cups water
- Cover and place in oven for 3 hours
- Half way through check to make sure you have enough liquid, add more water if needed.
10. Transfer your drippings to a skillet
11. Remove a small amount of the hot liquid and mix together with a couple of Tbsp of cornstarch. Add that mixture back into the skillet and stir
12. Add 1 tsp kitchen bouquet, gravy will boil and thicken
13. Serve with bread and butter and enjoy!
**This could easily be cooked in a crockpot. Just make sure to sear your meat and then cook low and slow all day.