Making you own Fresh Whipped Cream is as easy as 1, 2, 3...
1. Pour 2 cups of heavy whipping cream to your stand-up mixer
2. Using the whisk attachment, whisk on med-high for several mins
3. Add 1/4 cup sugar about 1/2 way through and continue to whip until stiff peaks form.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Monday, July 13, 2015
Caramel Blended Coffee
1/2 cup cold coffee (I just use some left over from my morning brew)
1/4 cup half-n-half
1/4 cup milk
2 oz caramel syrup (Starbucks sells it by the bottle if you ask for it)
2 cups ice
Blend in a blender for 30 seconds, pour in a glass and top with whipped cream and caramel sauce
**Makes 2 regulars or 1 extra large drink
Tuesday, July 7, 2015
Blueberry Hill - Fresh Blueberry Recipes
1. Preheat oven to 374 degrees
2. Combine 3 cups of rinsed blueberries with 1/4 cup brown sugar and 1/4 cup lemon juice, then spread out in an oblong baking dish.
3. For the dough: cream together 1 stick of softened butter and 1/2 cup sugar.
4. Beat in 1 egg and 1 tsp vanilla extract.
5. Sift in 2/3 cup flour, 1/4 tsp baking powder and a pinch (1/8 tsp) of salt and mix to combine
6. Spoon the dough over the berries and bake for 25-30 min
Serve warm with ice cream!
2. Turn heat to medium, bring to a boil and let simmer, stir occasionally.
3. The berries will break down and the liquid will start to evaporate. The sauce will reduce to a thickened syrup.