Making you own Fresh Whipped Cream is as easy as 1, 2, 3...
1. Pour 2 cups of heavy whipping cream to your stand-up mixer
2. Using the whisk attachment, whisk on med-high for several mins
3. Add 1/4 cup sugar about 1/2 way through and continue to whip until stiff peaks form.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Monday, July 13, 2015
Caramel Blended Coffee
1/2 cup cold coffee (I just use some left over from my morning brew)
1/4 cup half-n-half
1/4 cup milk
2 oz caramel syrup (Starbucks sells it by the bottle if you ask for it)
2 cups ice
Blend in a blender for 30 seconds, pour in a glass and top with whipped cream and caramel sauce
**Makes 2 regulars or 1 extra large drink
Tuesday, July 7, 2015
Blueberry Hill - Fresh Blueberry Recipes
1. Preheat oven to 374 degrees
2. Combine 3 cups of rinsed blueberries with 1/4 cup brown sugar and 1/4 cup lemon juice, then spread out in an oblong baking dish.
3. For the dough: cream together 1 stick of softened butter and 1/2 cup sugar.
4. Beat in 1 egg and 1 tsp vanilla extract.
5. Sift in 2/3 cup flour, 1/4 tsp baking powder and a pinch (1/8 tsp) of salt and mix to combine
6. Spoon the dough over the berries and bake for 25-30 min
Serve warm with ice cream!
2. Turn heat to medium, bring to a boil and let simmer, stir occasionally.
3. The berries will break down and the liquid will start to evaporate. The sauce will reduce to a thickened syrup.
Wednesday, July 1, 2015
You can also follow me on Instagram @countrykitchenapproved and on Twitter @courtneyhill05
Baked Beans and Deviled Eggs can be found on my "Scrumptious Sides" page
Red, White and Blue Salad can be found on my "Lettuce Eat Salad" page
Star Spangled Ice Cream Sandwich Cake can be found on my "Sweet Sweets" page
As American as Apple Pie can be found on my "Perfect Pies" page